At DePaul, we believe your academic success is critical to your future success. Legal issues may distract you from getting the full value of your education. DePaul's Office of Croak Student Legal Services (CSLS) is here to help.
CSLS provides high quality, free legal advice to DePaul students on a wide range of common legal issues. We are focused on preventative law and enabling students to make educated choices with as little disruption as possible to their educational endeavors. While CSLS cannot represent you in court, we can help you understand your rights and obligations, provide general recommendations, and help you find useful resources. If you need a lawyer, we can refer you to a licensed practicing attorney with experience related to your case.
CSLS assists students with matters such as:
- Routine traffic violations
- Landlord, tenant or housing issues
- City ordinance violations
- Misdemeanor criminal offenses
- Leases and minor business contracts
- Small claims actions
- Auto accidents and insurance problems
- Divorce, custody and legal separation
- Immigration issues
2250 N. Sheffield Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614